HOW DOES RESTAURANT EQUIPPERS SHIP ORDERS?
Restaurant Equippers has more than 40 years of experience in shipping products throughout the United States. Our shipping policy and process is designed to help customers receive their orders quickly, safely, and for the lowest price possible.
- Nationwide Delivery
- Discounted Shipping Charges
- Prompt Shipping
- Delivery Options
- Preparing for Shipment Arrival
- Receiving Your Freight Delivery
- Lost, Damaged, and Incorrect Items
- Delivery to Multiple Addresses
- Special Handling Requests
- Changing or Canceling Orders
- Address Change/Reconsignments
- Special Orders
- Warehouse Store Pick-Up
Restaurant Equippers ships to all registered U.S. Post Office commercial and residential addresses in the continental United States.
Shipments cannot be delivered to P.O. boxes. In addition, some rural or military sites may not be accessible to our carriers. In these cases, we will contact you and attempt to make arrangements to have your product delivered to an accessible location.
If your order is shipped as a freight delivery, you will receive your shipment at your loading dock if you have one. If there is no loading dock, freight and common carrier shipments are delivered curbside or at the end of a driveway in the case of residential delivery. You are responsible for unloading and moving the shipment inside.
When a carrier holds an order at a terminal due to an incorrect address or contact information, we will make every effort to inform you of the situation and help arrange delivery. You will be responsible for any storage costs, redelivery charges, or other fees that may result from holding the order at the terminal or your refusal to accept delivery after it has been shipped.
Charges are calculated using our distribution center in Ohio as the point of origin, except for items that may be shipped directly from our manufacturers.
FedEx vs. Freight/Common Carrier
We attempt to ship all orders complete in the most economical way and using the fewest number of cartons possible. Small package orders are generally shipped via FedEx Ground. Oversized, heavier, and bulk items on wooden pallets are typically shipped via freight and common carrier.
When placing an order through our website for a small package shipment to be shipped by FedEx, discounted FedEx Ground shipping charges are automatically calculated for your order using our Ohio Distribution Center as the point of origin, except for drop shipped items that come directly from the respective manufacturer. The shipping price is quoted at the time of your checkout.
Freight and Common Carrier
When placing an order through our website, if one or more of your items requires common carrier and freight shipping, your shipping charge will be automatically calculated using our Ohio Distribution Center as the point of origin, except for drop-shipped items that come directly from the respective manufacturer. Your shipping charge will be quoted in your shopping cart. Calculated shipping charges for freight shipments include lift gate and delivery notification service. As you prepare for your freight delivery, be aware that customers with loading docks will receive shipments there. If there is no loading dock, freight, and common carrier shipments are delivered curbside or at the end of a driveway in the case of residential delivery, and you are responsible for unloading and moving the shipment inside.
Orders totaling 150 lbs. or more in shipping weight will automatically be categorized and processed as a freight delivery order.
If your order exceeds 10 pallets, freight will need to be calculated by one of our Equipment and Supply Specialists due to the complexity of shipping an order of that size. Please call 1-888-430-1655 to complete your order.
Restaurant Equippers offers free shipping on select items. Free shipping is restricted to addresses within the contiguous U.S. (i.e., excludes orders to Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, military APO/FPO addresses, U.S. territories, and international addresses). Restaurant Equippers reserves the right to select the shipping method on all free shipping items. Expedited shipping, while not a free option, may also be available. Standard shipping charges will be deducted from expedited shipping charges on free shipping items. Please contact us if you need this or other services.
Please note: Limited access or residential deliveries may incur additional fees for delivery.
Due to our vast inventory of in-stock products, all orders are shipped from our distribution center in Ohio no later than the following business day after receiving payment. If your call is received early enough in the day, one of our Equipment and Supply Specialists can often coordinate an immediate, same-day shipment from our Ohio distribution center. However, all orders are subject to product availability and shipped in accordance with our general shipping policies and procedures.
Depending upon your location and delivery requirements, our specialists can help you coordinate the most economical option for expedited delivery. However, Restaurant Equippers cannot guarantee a carrier's delivery time.
Due to our vast inventory of in-stock products, all orders are shipped from our distribution center in Ohio no later than the following business day after the order is received. However, all shipments are subject to product availability and our general shipping policies and procedures.
- Small packages are shipped from our distribution center typically via FedEx Ground, which, depending on your location, will usually be delivered in the United States in 1 to 5 business days after shipment.
- Larger and heavier shipments are shipped from our distribution center, usually via common carrier. Depending on your location, they are generally delivered in the United States anywhere in 1 to 7 business days after shipment. Most common carrier shipments arrive via curbside delivery.
If you have a question regarding anticipated delivery times to your area or if you'd like to expedite an emergency order, immediately call Customer Service at 888-430-1655, and we'll confirm your options with you. However, Restaurant Equippers cannot guarantee a carrier's delivery time.
To expedite an order made from our website, immediately call the Nationwide Order Office at 888-430-1655 after placing your order. An Equipment and Supply Specialist will coordinate your expedited shipping needs, advise you of the costs, and obtain your approval before shipping. Such shipments normally require additional FedEx or freight and common carrier shipping charges.
Small Package Expedited Delivery Options
Small packages are normally shipped from our distribution center via FedEx Ground and, depending on your location, will typically be delivered in 1 to 5 business days after shipment. Other options, available at additional charges, may or may not be of value to you depending on your location:
|Expedited FedEx Delivery Options||Anticipated Delivery Time From Distribution Center if ordered before 2 p.m. ET.|
|FedEx Next Day||Next Weekday (by 10:30 a.m. to most locations)|
|FedEx 2-Day||Two Weekdays (depending on location)|
FedEx (i.e., small package) shipments are normally easy to coordinate. However, larger and heavier freight and common carrier shipments often require additional considerations.
Make sure you have sufficient and proper equipment and personnel to receive, sign for, and unload your shipment. Customers with loading docks will receive shipments there. If there is no loading dock, freight, and common carrier shipments are delivered curbside or at the end of a driveway in the case of residential delivery, and you are responsible for unloading and moving the shipment inside. Freight and common carrier drivers are not required to assist in unloading your order from the truck.
Receiving Your Freight Delivery
When your order is delivered by freight, you should inspect your items for damage before the driver leaves. After the driver leaves, you are responsible for reporting damage to the delivery company. Restaurant Equippers cannot be held accountable for those damages.
Before you accept the delivery, do the following:
- Unpack your order. Keep all the original packing materials, including pallets and boxes, until you are satisfied with the entire order. Check that what's been delivered is what you ordered. Use the following tips to help determine if your items may be damaged or missing before opening the boxes:
- Check the Bill of Lading to see how many boxes should be in your delivery. Make sure the shrink wrap on your delivery is intact. If it is not, note it on the delivery receipt.
- Check each carton for punctures, dents, cuts, holes, and broken pallets. Note any on your delivery receipt and ask the driver to open the box. If they refuse, call our National Order Office or refuse the box, noting it on the delivery receipt.
- If the boxes look undamaged, accept the package and write "subject to inspection" along with your signature. After the driver leaves, you have five days to report damaged or missing items.
- Check every item you ordered. Go over everything you purchased from top to bottom. Look for obvious damage or more difficult-to-find interior damage. Hidden or concealed damage must be reported, and an inspection must be requested within five days of delivery. Be sure to keep all the boxes, packing materials, and pallets in case you need to return items.
- Take pictures. Before the driver leaves, note all the damage you see and take pictures. Make sure to note any damage to your items or the packaging on the delivery receipt or Bill of Lading.
- After you've inspected your delivery, you have three options:
- No damage. Sign off and accept the shipment.
- Minor damage. Note any damage you see on the shipping receipt or Bill of Lading. If you don't want to be stuck with a damaged item, refuse that item and call our National Order Office in case the carrier does not want to participate in a freight claim. Ensure you have a written and signed note from the driver saying you refused the damaged item.
- Unusable items. If any of your items are so damaged that you don't want them, refuse delivery. Note the damage, take photos, and contact our National Order Office as soon as possible.
If any of your items arrive damaged, please call 888-430-1655 Monday-Friday 8 a.m.-7 p.m. (ET), Saturday 8 a.m.-4 p.m. (ET)
If you do not receive your shipment in the timeframe you anticipated it, contact Restaurant Equippers Customer Service at 888-430-1655. A Customer Service Specialist will help you locate and obtain the lost shipment or assist you in replacing the items shipped if the freight carrier has lost them.
Damaged, Missing, or Incorrect Products
Restaurant Equippers will replace or service any item sent to you in error, received defective, or received damaged in shipping and will arrange for the return shipping to our distribution center of such items, assuming that the order check-in procedure and reporting outlined above has been reasonably followed.
To ensure your order is received complete and undamaged (and properly documented for filing any required claims with the carrier), please adhere to the following order check-in procedure when you receive each shipment from us:
- Inspect the entire shipment for visible damage before accepting the shipment. If the packaging shows signs of damage, take pictures of the packaging and note any visible damage on the delivery ticket/bill of lading before the delivery person leaves. For packages left at your doorstep, inspect the exterior of the carton and note any large dents or tears onto your Restaurant Equippers packing list.
- Verify the number of packages delivered against the packing slip provided by Restaurant Equippers and note any difference on the packing slip.
- Unpack your order immediately and inspect it for hidden or concealed damage or missing items, even if you do not plan on using the items right away.
- Should any damage be discovered, keep the shipping carton and any inner packaging, immediately request an inspection from the carrier, and document the inspection request in writing to the carrier. (Important: Hidden or concealed damage must be reported and an inspection requested within five days of delivery.)
- Contact Restaurant Equippers Customer Service at 888-430-1655 to report the situation and obtain their assistance in replacing the damaged, missing, or incorrectly shipped products. Please have your order number, shipping information, and tracking number ready when calling.
Each order can have only one "ship to" address. If you require multiple "ship to" addresses, you must place a separate order for each address.
Our discounted shipping charges apply to freight deliveries made to commercial addresses. Additional fees may be required when shipping to a residential address.
Orders that require date-specific delivery may also incur additional fees.
If any other order requires special shipping or delivery assistance, please call us immediately during business hours at 888-430-1655. An Equipment and Supply Specialist will help confirm and process your special handling requests, which may incur additional costs.
If you need to change or cancel an order, contact us during our business hours as soon as possible at 888-430-1655.If the order has not been shipped, we will stop the order and perform any changes and cancellations required to correct your order before shipping. If the item has been shipped, please refer to our 30-Day Return Policy for more information.
If you need to change your shipping address after placing an order, please call our National Order Office at 888-430-1655. Shipping addresses on orders placed through eBay or paid for with PayPal cannot be changed.
If you need your shipping address changed after processing your order, carriers charge a reconsignment fee to update the shipping address.
If you request an address change, we will contact you with the amount of the carrier's fee. If, at that time, you do not confirm your approval of the fee and address change, we will leave the address as it was originally provided.
If a carrier attempts delivery at the original address and cannot deliver, redelivery fees may apply in addition to reconsigment fees.
Restaurant Equippers has relationships with many of the best food service equipment and supply manufacturers in the industry. Through these relationships, we can often obtain products not featured on our website, catalog, or in our Warehouse Stores. Such items are considered special orders and require personal assistance from our Equipment and Supply Specialists to identify your specific requirements, confirm availability, and coordinate your purchase and shipment from the manufacturer.
Special orders must be paid for when placing your order. If shipped directly to you from the manufacturer, shipping charges may be different from those for a similar item we carry and ship to you from our distribution center. Although our specialists will make every effort to ensure you receive your special order from the manufacturer at the earliest possible date, Restaurant Equippers does not guarantee the timely delivery of special order items.
Contact us at 888-430-1655 for help with special orders.
WAREHOUSE STORE PICK-UP
Contact Our Warehouse Stores
Or please call our Nationwide Order Office at 888-430-1655 for assistance or to answer questions regarding Warehouse Store Pick-Up.